LONDON (November 17, 2008) – World Barista Championship UK Ltd. has launched a worldwide search to fill the newly created position of executive director.
The World Barista Championship (WBC) is the world’s largest coffee competition, drawing competitors from more than 56 nations to serve espresso, cappuccinos and original signature drinks to a panel of judges. The 10th annual World Barista Championship will be held April 16-19, 2009 in Atlanta, Georgia USA.
The WBC Executive Director will serve as a leader, visionary, ambassador and manager for the rapidly growing organization with the responsibility of carrying out WBC objectives, while managing the needs and expectations of a diverse group of international volunteers, sponsors and competitors. The position reports directly to the company’s board of directors.
Essential duties and responsibilities of the executive director shall include:
- Administer overall WBC operations and manage the organization’s activities;
- Expand company brand recognition and participation in the WBC;
- Generate a diverse and reliable revenue stream to fund and promote barista development and competition;
- Develop and implementation an annual budget, manage finances of the organization;
- Negotiate and execute contracts and commitments authorized by policy or the board of directors;
- Maintain official minutes of WBC Board of Directors meetings;
- Develop company policies and planning recommendations in collaboration with the board;
- Maintain effective communication with both parent organizations; and
- Recruit, hire, train, manage, promote, compensate and discharge staff as necessary and in a fashion that protects the interests and assets of the WBC.
Complete details and job prerequisites are available at www.worldbaristachampionship.com. Applications, including salary requirements, may be sent to:
Attn: WBC Board of Directors
Email: [email protected]
About World Barista Championship UK Ltd.
World Barista Championship UK Ltd is a nonprofit organization jointly owned by the Specialty Coffee Association of America and Speciality Coffee Association of Europe. The first WBC competition took place in Monte Carlo in October 2000 and has since held annual competitions Miami, Oslo, Boston, Trieste, Seattle, Berne, Tokyo and Copenhagen. The organization’s next event will be held in Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A., April 16-19, 2009. For more information, please visit http://www.worldbaristachampionship.com.