Six champion baristas hosted by Soyuz Coffee Roasting will represent their countries as ambassadors of specialty coffee on Moscow’s famed Red Square this summer during the annual Spasskaya Tower international military music festival.
The Red Square Six are:
- Alejandro Mendez (El Salvador) – 2011 World Barista Champion and 2011, 2010 El Salvador Barista Champion
- Francesco Sanapo (Italy) – 2011, 2010 Italian Barista Champion
- Javier Garcia (Spain) – 2011 Spanish Barista Champion and World Barista Championship Finalist
- Olga Melik-Karakozova (Russia) – 2011, 2007 Russian Barista Champion
- Pete Licata (U.S.A.) – 2011 United States Barista Champion and World Barista Championship runner-up
- Stefanos Domatiotis (Greece) – 2011, 5-time Greek Barista Champion
These champions will be the first in history to impress and enlighten an audience of more than 35,000 expected attendees including high-ranking diplomats, celebrities and business elite with their coffee knowledge, expertly prepared espresso and other espresso beverages using coffee from Soyuz Coffee Roasting’s Barista, Mon Ami and Paretto brands.
Live on-location coverage of the event will be provided by coffee trade favorites Barista Magazine and Sprudge.com along with a multinational press corps.
The festival is a five-day celebration running from August 31st through September 4th, with concerts and fireworks displays, cultural and musical performances from the military bands of fifteen nations set against the striking backdrop of the Kremlin.
I wish I could be in Moscow for this!