AFCA (formerly EAFCA) today announced winners from the 2013 Taste of Harvest competition, held at the 10th annual African Fine Coffee Conference & Exhibition earlier this month in Kampala, Uganda.
“AFCA is pleased to announce the completion of the 2012-2013 Africa Taste of Harvest (AToH) competition. The event was held on 13th February, and was presided over by Head Judges Trish Rothgeb (USA) and Gavin Gam (Australia) and a team of over 10 experienced international cuppers from all over the world.
We received and cupped over 30 Arabica samples from the best coffees from 6 countries that held national Taste of Harvest competitions in 2012/13. The samples were from Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi, Ethiopia, Kenya and DRC. Below are the detailed scores for the best 5 samples. The Regions Arabica Coffees continue to impress and all of the 5 samples scored above 86 points.”
The top 5 arabica coffees were:
- RUMUKIA FCS (Kenya), MAGANJO FACTORY Washed AA
- KOFINAF COMPANY LIMITED (Kenya), MTARO ESTATE Washed AA
- AMKENI GOURMET COFFEE GROUP (Tanzania), Washed AA
- VIRUNGA COFFEE COMPANY (D.R. Congo), North Kivu Washed Gr4
- RUKENG’ETO FCS (Kenya), KARIMUKUI FACTORY, Washed AB