Myanmar (Burma) USAID Value Chains for Rural Development
Analysis of Myanmar’s coffee production, development and execution of an international market strategy to increase the value of quality-differentiated coffee exports.
- Strategy 70%
- Brand Marketing 30%
Myanmar Coffee Value Chain
Andrew Hetzel was contracted as a coffee value chain specialist for the USAID Value Chains for Rural Development project in Myanmar (Burma) through implementation partner Winrock International and the Coffee Quality Institute. During this five year project, Andrew was responsible for market strategy, coffee value differentiation and execution of an export marketing plan to high-value consuming nations that led to coffee industry market linkages.
- Myanmar specialty coffee export strategy
- Tradeshow planning guide and training
- Participation at the 2015 Thaifex event in Bangkok
- Organization and judge of 1st Myanmar Coffee Competition event (2015)
- Japan market promotion, participation at Specialty Coffee Association of Japan event 2015
- Korea market promotion, participation at Seoul Cafe Show event 2015
- Planning and execution of Myanmar’s first coffee origin tour for international buyers (2016)
- Organization and head judge, 2nd Myanmar Coffee Competition event (2016)
- Organization, participation at the Specialty Coffee Association of America event (2016)