As a continuation to last month’s announcement regarding the return of the Spasskaya Tower Festival and its Specialty Coffee Show Starring Barista Champions, Soyuz Coffee Roasting today announced the ten who will participate, they are:
Appearing September 1-4
- Raul Rodas (Guatemala) – 2012 World Barista Champion
- Alejandro Mendez (El Salvador) – 2011 World Barista Champion
- Daniel Mendez (El Salvador) – 2012 El Salvador Barista Champion
- Monika Palova (Slovakia) – 2012 Slovakian Barista Champion
- Francesco Sanapo (Italy) – 2011 Italian Barista Champion
Appearing September 5-8
- Chris Loukakis (Greece) – 2011 World Latte Art Champion
- Coen van Sprang (Netherlands) – 2012 Netherlands Barista Champion
- Ricardo Azofeifa Mora (Costa Rica) – 2012 Costa Rica Barista Champion
- Javier Garcia (Spain) – 2011 Spanish Barista Champion and WBC Finalist
- Stefanos Domatiotis (Greece) – 2012 WBC Finalist and 6-time Greek Barista Champion
These champions will impress and enlighten an audience of more than 46,000 expected attendees including high-ranking diplomats, celebrities and business elite with their coffee knowledge, expertly prepared espresso and other espresso beverages, including the return of the popular Spasskaya Tower signature drink from last year’s event, using coffee from SCR’s Barista, Mon Ami and Paretto brands.
In a special ceremony on opening night, SCR will present French singer Mireille Mathieu with a commemorative signature drink designed in her honor to mark the occasion.